If you’re new to Solana Beach MOPS, welcome! We look forward to meeting you! Below is some helpful information:
WHAT TO DO & EXPECT AT OUR FRIDAY MEETINGS:
- Park anywhere near Debin Hall or the Children’s Building. See Solana Beach Presbyterian Church campus map below.
- Take your child(ren) to MOPPETS (aka childcare). MOPPETS drop-off begins at 8:50am so that you may get to the MOPS meeting at 9am. Sign your child in and make sure they get a nametag (nothing any allergies). Please be sure that all of their belongings are labeled when you drop them off. (If your child is six months or younger, they may stay with you in the meeting; but we ask that all children above 6 months be kept in childcare)
- Head on over to Debin Hall, find your table, and enjoy the meeting! Help yourself to some delicious hot breakfast and yes, coffee! Meet some new ladies, check out the slides for announcements, and prepare for the meeting!
- Pick up your children promptly by 11:30am. This is a great help to our childcare workers. If you have to catch up with someone after the meeting, please do so after you have picked up your child(ren).
DGL (Discussion Group Leader) = Each table will have a DGL that facilities group discussion, organizes table responsibilities and events, cares for moms, and communicates feedback to their Steering Committee.
MOPPETS = Childcare
MENTOR MOM = Each table will have a Mentor Mom. They openly share their own experiences as mothers, offer support, and bring some much-needed perspective to discussion. They are all members of Solana Beach Presbyterian Church.
MNO (MOMS’ NIGHT OUT) = Fun evening events that are held periodically throughout the year to give moms a break and time to hang out with each other!
as a MOPS member:
MOPS is run by moms, for moms. Each of us play an important part in making MOPS happen. There are two “responsibilities” for every MOPS member:
- Bringing breakfast: Your table will partner with another table to provide food one time each semester. Details will be provided by your DGL.
- Serving in MOPPETS: Every mom in MOPS will spend 1 hour and 20 minutes in MOPPETS twice per year, once a semester. Details will be provided by your DGL.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you ASAP. See you Friday!